Chicken Street Tacos
Growing up, tacos were a packet of Taco Bell taco seasoning and some ground beef. I probably didn’t even have chicken tacos until I was in college (*gasp*). I’ll still eat some classic family tacos on occasion, but I’ve found a new favorite. It wasn’t until I hit up some food trucks that I realized that tacos could be so different than what I grew up with. I also couldn’t believe how tasty they were. Mostly because of CILANTRO. I know there are cilantro-haters out there, and to each his/her own, but I love the stuff. That’s why this recipe thrives on it. So for all of you cilantro-lovers out there, prepare yourself for something real good.
Chicken Street Tacos with Pineapple Pico de Gallo | Serves 4-5
1.5-2 lbs chicken breast / chicken tenders
1 pkg corn tortillas
¼ c. fresh lime juice
¼ c. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, smashed
2 t. cumin
1 ¼ t. chili powder
¼ c. chopped fresh cilantro (plus extra for pico and garnish)
1 t. salt
¾ t. black pepper
Pineapple Pico de Gallo Ingredients:
1 c. pineapple
¾ c. sweet onion
1 serrano pepper (diced, no seeds)
apple cider vinegar (to taste)
cilantro (to taste)
1. Marinate chicken 1-6 hours in all the ingredients except the extra cilantro.
2. With about half an hour until the marinade is complete, dice your pineapple, onion, and serrano pepper. Combine in a bowl and add the cilantro and apple cider vinegar to taste.
3. Grill chicken or cook on the stovetop.
4. Assemble tacos!
- Chicken Street Tacos - June 7, 2018
- An Unexpected Card from Mom - May 1, 2018
- Chickpea Curry Salad Recipe - April 10, 2018
- Why Are People Buying The Instant Pot? - March 13, 2018
- How to Listen to 104.9 the River with Alexa - January 13, 2018
- Mary’s Easy Potato Soup - January 10, 2018
- Christmas Morning Muffins - December 18, 2017
- Mary Opens Up - November 17, 2017
- 10 Tips for Dealing with Family - November 13, 2017
- Cranberry Oat Bars Recipe - October 17, 2017
Leave a Comment