Distance from negativity
Prior to converting to a River listener, I listened only to country music. I am a single mother who raised two wonderful children on my own since the oldest was five and the youngest was only months old. They are now 29 years and 25 years old. I had some relationships that were not good for either me or my children. While listening to country music I found myself depressed because I was not in a relationship. I found myself focusing on the negative in my life instead of all the wonderful, positive blessings that were very evident in my life.
Once I found 104.9, and started listening only to Christian music, my depression dissipated and I am now able to focus on all the positive blessings in my life. I even listen to the River while at home and work. I love the River family of DJs and staff who help make a positive impact on a world that wants to focus only on the bad. Thank you for helping to turn my life, and my thoughts, around from negative to positive. Thank you also for all you do to bring God’s message to the world that is so saturated by sin and loss.
Surrounding yourself with positive influences will make a huge difference in your life. Not just the music you listen to, but the people as well. When you think about the people, the media, and any other influences in your life, do they bring you down, or help you be better? Do they motivate you, or discourage you? Beautiful things can happen when you distance yourself from negativity.
- Be Ecoregaged! - June 12, 2017
- Eric’s Story - April 20, 2017
- Thank you for your Match Pledge! - February 27, 2017
- Share Your Story - September 15, 2016
- Video: A special “Thank you” from your River DJs - September 6, 2016
- Let Your Light Shine - August 11, 2016
- Sharathon Volunteer - July 22, 2016
- Good Good Father - June 7, 2016
- Thank you for making a bigger impact! - March 15, 2016
- It fills me up, every day. - March 7, 2016
Leave a Comment