“Fall Down 7 Times, Get Up 8” – Don’t Give Up!
A year and a half ago I set out on my healthy lifestyle journey. In that time I lost about 60 lbs. Throughout my journey I said time and time again, “I’m never going back to the old me.”
Life happened and I’m 25 lbs heavier than I was at my lowest weight on this journey. Obviously I can feel and see the changes physically, but what’s worse than that is the emotional aspect that comes with it. The shame, guilt, failure and embarrassment of it all.
“I can’t believe I let myself lose control like that.”
“I don’t want to take pictures because of how I look now.”
“What are people thinking now that you can tell I’ve gained weight?”
This has been what I’ve been wrestling through the last 3 months. I recently saw an article in Prevention Magazine that said they talked to thousands of women about their weight loss journeys, and 9 times out of 10 this wasn’t their first (or second, or third…) time around.
After I read that article I realized that yes maybe I am up 25 lbs from where I used to be and working out is much harder now than it was in December, but I’m not letting myself gain back the full 60. I’m taking a stand to make sure that doesn’t happen.
It feels like I’m starting from the beginning again (even though I’m not), but my motto for this time around is a quote that I love so much: “Fall down 7 times, get up 8.” Don’t give up!
Maybe you’re in the same boat that I am or you’re just looking to begin your healthy lifestyle journey, YOU CAN DO THIS. I’m re-dedicating myself to a healthy lifestyle.
Will you join me?
- Ohio State Spring Game 2018 - April 10, 2018
- 5 Best Places to Celebrate Pi Day in Central Ohio - March 7, 2018
- 10 Valentine’s Day Gifts for under $10 - February 6, 2018
- Christmas TV Guide 2017 - December 7, 2017
- Tasty and Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes - November 14, 2017
- No-Carving Pumpkin Decorating Ideas - October 17, 2017
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Syrup - October 4, 2017
- Five Free Fitness Apps - May 24, 2017
- Embarrassed about Weight Gain - April 17, 2017
- Healthy Living While at Work - March 10, 2017
Leave a Comment