Good Good Father
With the thousands of affirming adjectives used in the English language we often overlook the simplistic, quiet power of the word, “good.”
Artist and song writer, Pat Barrett seems to have captured the power that exists within the word as he declares:
You’re a Good, Good Father, it’s who you are, and I’m loved by you, it’s who I am.
All the sudden, “good,” emerges from the shadows and its intended power comes into light.
Good is the pure definition of our God, our Father. Rather, our heavenly Father is the purest definition of good. How beautiful is this?
We, a broken people, have a father who is and forever will be the very essence of good.
No matter what our circumstances, whether we are raising our hands high in worship or on our knees searching for peace, whether we have lifted our faces to Him or have backs turned, our Father is good and we are loved by Him.
When have you seen His goodness? Was there a moment when, no matter your circumstances or brokenness, when you realized you have a good Father and are loved by Him?
Whether your earthly father or heavenly father, as Father’s Day is just around the corner we’d love to hear your good father story. Please share in the comments below!
- Be Ecoregaged! - June 12, 2017
- Eric’s Story - April 20, 2017
- Thank you for your Match Pledge! - February 27, 2017
- Share Your Story - September 15, 2016
- Video: A special “Thank you” from your River DJs - September 6, 2016
- Let Your Light Shine - August 11, 2016
- Sharathon Volunteer - July 22, 2016
- Good Good Father - June 7, 2016
- Thank you for making a bigger impact! - March 15, 2016
- It fills me up, every day. - March 7, 2016
Leave a Comment