Making Easter Resurrection Rolls
There are many treats made in my kitchen throughout Spring and the celebration of Easter. Cookies and cakes are all gobbled up with delight, but one treat stands out as my favorite to make with my daughter. These Easter Resurrection Rolls are more than a yummy treat. They serve as a special opportunity to not only tell her the story of our Savior and His selflessness, but to show her. You’ll see what I mean…
Enjoy a new Easter tradition!
Easter Resurrection Rolls
What you’ll need:
-1 can of Pillsbury Crescent Dough (the tomb)
-8 large marshmallows (Jesus)
-Butter, melted (the oils they used to anoint His body)
-Cinnamon and sugar mixed together in a medium sized bowl (the spices they rubbed on His body before wrapping Him in burial clothes)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate each triangle.
- Have children dip the marshmallow in water. Roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Place marshmallow in the top of the crescent roll and roll into a crescent roll shape, then secure the sides by tucking them under and pinching them closed. (They don’t need to be pretty- they’ll taste yummy no matter what!)
- Place on prepared cookie sheet and repeat with remaining 7 rolls.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown on the outside.
- Let cool for a few minutes before letting the kids open them up. The marshmallow (Jesus) has disappeared from the crescent (the tomb)! Hallelujah!
Some more fun treats to make for the kids Easter parties, or to enjoy at home!
- Easter Bunny Popcorn Bars
- Krispie Treat Easter Carrots
- No Bake Chocolate Egg Nest Cookies
- Honey Bunny Easter Treat
- Springtime Cupcake in a Jar
- Carrot Chocolate Strawberries
- Lucky Charms Munch
- Easter Bunny Chow
Happy Easter, all!
- Ohio Researcher Looks to End Disease - December 12, 2017
- More Women Running for Office - December 11, 2017
- Delaware Missing Woman - December 11, 2017
- 40 Day Challenge - December 8, 2017
- Is Columbus Becoming a Hot Real Estate Market? - December 8, 2017
- Get free admission to Wildlights - December 8, 2017
- Lowered Flags For Pearl Harbor Day - December 7, 2017
- Could The Columbus Crew Stay? - December 7, 2017
- Kroger Prep+Pared Meal Kits - December 7, 2017
- The Power of the Nativity - December 6, 2017
Leave a Comment