Making Smoothies Part of Your Healthy Lifestyle
Sometimes when you think you’re eating or drinking something “healthy” – that might not necessarily be the case. That was smoothies for me! It became my go-to for breakfast or tasty snack.
As I was enjoying my smoothie one day, a friend of mine said, “Do you know how bad those things are for you?” I was appalled…Does she not know I’m drinking a smoothie? I wanted to prove her wrong, so I looked at the nutrition facts – and boy was I in for a surprise. The amount of sugar in one of those delicious smoothies was astronomical!
I didn’t want to give up drinking smoothies so I decided to do some research to find low sugar smoothies that also help other things like digestion and keeping me full.
Here are some recipes that I tried: Some I enjoyed, and some I didn’t enjoy as much but they still have great health benefits.
Cucumber Cooler Smoothie
1 medium Cucumber, cut into chunks
½ small lemon, with peel
1 medium ripe pear
1 6-oz. container plain greek yogurt
Water to the fill line
Place all the ingredients in your blender or nutribullet and blend until smooth.
(I made the mistake of using a bigger lemon than I should have and it didn’t taste very good – but I drank it anyway!)
1 cup Original Almond Milk
1 cup frozen blueberries
2 cups baby spinach
*This one is absolutely delicious and you can’t even taste the spinach!
Cinnamon Roll Smoothie
(This tastes more like dessert!)
1 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
4 teaspoons sweetener
1 teaspoon flaxmeal (optional)
1 cup ice
Throw all ingredients into a blender (ice on top last) and blend on high for 30 seconds or until completely blended.
You can add protein powder to any of these smoothies. Feel free to share your smoothie recipes with us below!
- Embarrassed about Weight Gain - April 17, 2017
- Healthy Living While at Work - March 10, 2017
- Making Smoothies Part of Your Healthy Lifestyle - February 6, 2017
- Andes Mint Cookies - December 9, 2016
- Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes - November 21, 2016
- Helpful Ways to Relieve Sciatica Pain - September 23, 2016
- Stretching is Just as Important as Exercise - July 20, 2016
- Workout at the Pool - June 22, 2016
- 5 Tips For Meal Prep - June 8, 2016
- What To Do In A Time Crunch - May 11, 2016
Leave a Comment