Staying Healthy During the Big Game
It’s that time of year again, and the big game will be here before you know it. Whether you love football or just enjoy watching the commercials, there’s a good chance that you will be surrounded by a tremendous amount of delicious but unhealthy food.
The good news is, there are simple ways that you can enjoy the game with your family and friends and keep your healthy lifestyle in tact.
In the past my go-to trick was trying to starve myself all day so I could “save” all of my calories for the get-together I was headed to. The problem with that is by the time the evening rolled around, I was starving and would just eat everything in sight. Not only was I eating the calories I “saved”, but I was going way over the limit. The best thing you can do is eat the normal healthy meals that you’ve been eating throughout the day so you aren’t headed to your party starving.
Another thing you can do is fill up on a salad or veggies before you watch the game so you’ll be less tempted to overeat the unhealthy food.
A small but effective trick is to drink a full glass of water before you eat. Doing this will make you feel full. If you decide that you wanted to indulge with some buffalo wings, for example, try and drink a full glass of water in between each wing. You’ll most likely end up eating less wings.
If being around food regardless of if you are full or not makes you still want to eat, bring your own healthy snack to munch on. There are plenty of easy and healthy recipes and substitutes of the unhealthy snacks that you can make with half the calories and you can enjoy your food along with everyone else.
Lastly, make some time before the big game to get in a solid work out if you know how hard resisting those delicious nachos is going to be. Burning some extra calories throughout the day can help offset some of those snacks (in moderation) that you want to enjoy.
Just like in football the key to victory is having a good game plan set in place.
- Ohio State Spring Game 2018 - April 10, 2018
- 5 Best Places to Celebrate Pi Day in Central Ohio - March 7, 2018
- 10 Valentine’s Day Gifts for under $10 - February 6, 2018
- Christmas TV Guide 2017 - December 7, 2017
- Tasty and Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes - November 14, 2017
- No-Carving Pumpkin Decorating Ideas - October 17, 2017
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Syrup - October 4, 2017
- Five Free Fitness Apps - May 24, 2017
- Embarrassed about Weight Gain - April 17, 2017
- Healthy Living While at Work - March 10, 2017
Leave a Comment