The River’s General Contest Rules
General Rules Applicable to all River Radio Ministries Contests:
- No purchase is necessary to enter any River Radio Ministries contest.
- All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- To be eligible to win any prize, you must not have won anything from River Radio Ministries in the past thirty (30) days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past six (6) months. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted within thirty (30) days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
- Unless otherwise excluded by law or by the rules applicable to a particular contest, River Radio Ministries contests are open to all residents of the United States who are 18 years or older. Employees, agents, immediate family members of River Radio Ministries, its advertising agencies, sponsors, affiliates, and representatives are not eligible to participate. Immediate family members include spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren whether by current marriage, past marriage, adoption, or as in-laws, or anyone residing in the same household. All contest entries become the property of River Radio Ministries. Each entrant may enter a contest only once, unless otherwise specified. In the case of multiple entries by the same person, all entries may be withdrawn and the entrant disqualified.
- Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash, or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed from River Radio Ministries, 881 E. Johnstown Rd., Gahanna, OH 43230, from 8:30am-5pm, Monday-Friday (excluding holidays), within thirty (30) days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. Unless impossible or impractical, winners may choose to have the prize mailed. Prizes will be mailed within 30 (thirty) days of the contest’s end date. River Radio Ministries shall not be held responsible if the prize is lost or damaged through the mailing process. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, River Radio Ministries reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
- Contest with prizes involving travel outside the United States are open only to citizens holding a valid United States Passport whose physical condition permits the entrant travel safely to the destination. River Radio Ministries reserves the right to require proof that these entry requirements have been satisfied.
- Each entrant agrees that in the event he or she wins a contest, River Radio Ministries shall have the right, without further compensation, to publicize and/or broadcast his or her name, voice, likeness, city of residence, and the fact that he or she won the contest. Entrants further agree that River Radio Ministries may use identifying information to publicize its radio station, website, and/or other contests. Contest winners agree that they may be contacted by telephone and the call recorded for potential use on air.
- Prizes consisting of CD’s are valued at an approximate retail value of fifteen ($15) per CD. Concert tickets & other prize values are as specified in contest specific rules.
- Entrants are responsible for the payment of any and all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete an IRS Form 1099 when claiming their prize. Winners agree to provide River Radio Ministries with their social security number and such other information as may be required by River Radio Ministries to comply with applicable laws.
- Entrants agree to release and hold harmless River Radio Ministries, its advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, and employees from any and all damages, liabilities, or claims of injury or damage of any kind that might arise in connection with a contest, a prize, or the award of a prize. River Radio Ministries reserves the right to condition the final award of any prize on the execution of a legally enforceable release of claims and indemnity agreement.
- For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number, unless otherwise specified: 614-479-1049. For text contests, 64-63-6. River Radio Ministries is not responsible for service outages, connection speeds or other sources of delay in telephone and/or internet systems which may influence or affect the chances of winning a contest. In the event awards based on call-ins (a prize awarded to the “9th caller,” etc.) River Radio Ministries reserves the right to disqualify two or more callers who appear to be “tied” and award the prize to the next caller. Callers may not place simultaneous calls on multiple phone lines. The River Radio Ministries staff operating the telephone has the final decision as to who the winning caller is.
- River Radio Ministries reserves the right to substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally announced if the original contest prize is or becomes unavailable. River Radio Ministries is not liable if a concert or event with which a prize is associated is canceled due to circumstances beyond River Radio Ministries’ control.
- River Radio Ministries reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner (whether or not the winner’s identity has been announced) who does not adhere to the rules applicable to the contest in which he or she has been entered or who gains an unfair advantage through fraud or unsportsmanlike conduct in participating in the contest.
- The following is related to online contests & email club promotions on any River Radio Ministries website:
- All appropriate information in required fields must be entered correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
- To win a prize, you must reside within the listening area of the River Radio Ministries station as defined at the exclusive discretion of River Radio Ministries’ Management.
- River Radio Ministries is not responsible for any internet or email connectivity issues.
- Your cell phone carrier’s standard message and data rates may apply with text messaging contests. Text STOP to 64636 to end all messages. Text messaging is not available in all areas, and on all carriers, within the United States. Contact your cell phone carrier for specific details.
- In the event any contest specific rules conflict with these general rules, the contest specific rules shall control. On occasion, circumstances may require the rules of a contest to be modified. Changes to contest rules will be announced on-air and posted on River Radio Ministries’ website. River Radio Ministries reserves the right to interpret and apply all rules applicable to its contests and its interpretation and application shall be final. For a copy of contest rules send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to River Radio Ministries, Attn: Contest Rules, 881 E. Johnstown Rd., Gahanna, OH 43230 and include the name of the contest you are inquiring about.
- For a list of contest winners send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to River Radio Ministries, Attn: Contest Winners, 881 E. Johnstown Rd., Gahanna, OH 43230 and include the name of the contest you are inquiring about.
- River Radio Ministries reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. River Radio Ministries’ decision is always final.
Updated February 2017