You are more than the choices that you’ve made.
As I drove into work this morning, I passed a couple that was obviously homeless, pushing a grocery cart down the middle of the street. I immediately judged them. In the background, “More” by 10th Avenue North was playing. As I was in midst of casting judgment on this couple whom I have never met and know nothing about, I heard the phrase, “you are more than the choices that you make.” Message heard loud and clear, God! Thank You for using The River to keep me in check. – Todd from Columbus
In Matthew 7 (NIV) we’re reminded: “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
It’s so easy to pass a snap judgement on someone, to make assumptions based solely on appearance or some other measurement that we create. The idea that God will judge us using the same measure we use is terrifying. I know I sometimes judge based on just a glance.
Thankfully, when we accept Jesus into our life, God changes the measure He uses – He sees the perfection of Jesus and applies that perfection to us. As 10th Avenue North goes on to say in their song You Are More, “You’ve been remade.” May God help us to see others as He does.
- I Googled “How to put God First” - August 9, 2017
- Be Ecoregaged! - June 12, 2017
- Eric’s Story - April 20, 2017
- Thank you for your Match Pledge! - February 27, 2017
- Share Your Story - September 15, 2016
- Video: A special “Thank you” from your River DJs - September 6, 2016
- Let Your Light Shine - August 11, 2016
- Sharathon Volunteer - July 22, 2016
- Good Good Father - June 7, 2016
- Thank you for making a bigger impact! - March 15, 2016
Leave a Comment