God, please work a miracle
Hundreds of people are streaming in for a worship concert with Francesca Battistelli. As the crowd gathers their seats one of the team at 104.9 the River was pulled aside by a mom attending.
She explained that on her way to the concert she received word that her step-son Christopher was in an accident, in a coma, he is getting a life-flight to the hospital. She asked us to please pray.
As Eric, Greg and Laura, took the stage at 8pm to welcome the crowd, Laura asked the 600 in attendance if they would take a moment to bow their heads for a word of prayer.
I distinctly remember some of the words of Laura’s prayer, “Lord, we ask for you to work a miracle in this young man’s life, amaze the doctors, and bring this young man to a quick and complete recovery.”
Now, just two weeks later, Christopher’s mom got back in touch with us. The doctor’s didn’t think he was going to live as his brain was bleeding. But then, as they prepared young Christopher for an emergency operation they could find no bleeding. At 8pm that night after he was taken off of life support he woke up from the coma. Absolutely stunned the doctors came out of the operating room and said, “we don’t know what happened.”
At the same moment, as hundreds gathered in prayer on behalf of a young man they didn’t know, Christopher woke up. God worked a miracle.
God is working miracles in the lives of River listeners every day, but also, many listeners are going through difficult times and still waiting on God for their miracle. Would join us in praying for them on The River’s Prayer Page? You never know what God may do.
- I Googled “How to put God First” - August 9, 2017
- Be Ecoregaged! - June 12, 2017
- Eric’s Story - April 20, 2017
- Thank you for your Match Pledge! - February 27, 2017
- Share Your Story - September 15, 2016
- Video: A special “Thank you” from your River DJs - September 6, 2016
- Let Your Light Shine - August 11, 2016
- Sharathon Volunteer - July 22, 2016
- Good Good Father - June 7, 2016
- Thank you for making a bigger impact! - March 15, 2016
Leave a Comment