White As Snow
During the Easter season you see a lot of candy, eggs, and bunnies. To a lot of people that’s what Easter is about. As a Christian, the Easter season is very important; it is the celebration of what Christ did for us on the cross and his resurrection thereafter. Being so removed from those events, it’s difficult to understand and grasp the weight of them.
Take this season to reflect on the gravity of the fact that God, the maker of the universe, sent his only son, Jesus, to earth to die a death normally reserved for the worst criminals. Not only that, but he also took on the punishment for EVERYONE’S sin – past, present, and future – to free us from it! His sacrifice washed us white as snow. Crazy, right? Talk about love.
Before Jesus, God was distant and we were separated from Him. Fortunately, Christ took our place on the cross so we can be now seen as perfect. This is only because of grace, a free gift that we don’t deserve and haven’t earned. So what does this all mean? It means that we are able to have a personal relationship with God.
How is Easter celebrated in your household? Leave your comments below.
- This is a test blog post - April 25, 2017
- We Have A New Look - April 13, 2017
- White As Snow - April 13, 2017
- Hope For The Future - August 23, 2016
- 3 Grilling Tips for Fourth of July - July 1, 2016
- Daddy - June 17, 2016
- Can Truth Be Found In Secular Art? - June 3, 2016
- To All Moms - May 6, 2016
- What Is Grace? - March 30, 2016
- What Does Worship Mean to You? - February 23, 2016
Leave a Comment