Who Keeps You Motivated? | Todd Runs Ohio
Some let that independence take over their exercise lives, too. I know I have. Between busy schedules, being committed, and a variety of other reasons, I’ve mostly trained for races on my own. Until recently. As I’ve matured as a runner (and in age) I’ve realized that every run can’t be some intense workout. Your different muscle groups need different pacing and intensity to develop and strengthen.
It’s difficult to do this on your own because it takes so much discipline. Everyone needs a workout buddy or buddies. My wife and I have become that for each other recently. She needs pushed beyond what her mind and body allows and I need to slow way down on my recovery runs. We end up having some great conversations when we run together too. You know, the kind of talks you want to have but never find time for because life just gets in the way.
If a healthy lifestyle is something you desire, my first suggestion is to find someone who’s not in the same place as you on their health journey. Find someone who can pull you up and challenge you, or challenge a friend who just needs to begin and you be their accountability and inspiration. If running is something you’re interested in, just about every specialty running shoe store in Columbus has running groups for all levels (Second Sole, FleetFeet & Columbus Running Company).
Find a buddy, or be a buddy.
- Dear Sports Parent | Todd Runs Ohio - June 3, 2016
- Who Keeps You Motivated? | Todd Runs Ohio - June 1, 2016
- Important Race Day Running Tips | Todd Runs Ohio - January 26, 2016
- How To Simplify Your Goals | Todd Runs Ohio - January 6, 2016
- 7 Ways to Beat Resolution Fatigue | Todd Runs Ohio - December 17, 2015
- What To Wear During Cold Weather Runs | Todd Runs Ohio - December 1, 2015
- When a Bad Eating Week Happens (aka Thanksgiving) | Todd Runs Ohio - November 19, 2015
- Starting Your Journey, Setting Goals and Boundaries | Todd Runs Ohio - November 5, 2015
- How to Avoid Becoming a Running Snob | Todd Runs Ohio - October 20, 2015
- Courage to Begin a Healthy Lifestyle | Todd Runs Ohio - September 23, 2015
Leave a Comment