Who Keeps You Motivated?
Some let that independence take over their exercise lives, too. I know I have. Between busy schedules, being committed, and a variety of other reasons, I’ve mostly trained for races on my own. Until recently. As I’ve matured as a runner (and in age) I’ve realized that every run can’t be some intense workout. Your different muscle groups need different pacing and intensity to develop and strengthen.
It’s difficult to do this on your own because it takes so much discipline. Everyone needs a workout buddy or buddies. My wife and I have become that for each other recently. She needs pushed beyond what her mind and body allows and I need to slow way down on my recovery runs. We end up having some great conversations when we run together too. You know, the kind of talks you want to have but never find time for because life just gets in the way.
If a healthy lifestyle is something you desire, my first suggestion is to find someone who’s not in the same place as you on their health journey. Find someone who can pull you up and challenge you, or challenge a friend who just needs to begin and you be their accountability and inspiration. If running is something you’re interested in, just about every specialty running shoe store in Columbus has running groups for all levels (Second Sole, FleetFeet & Columbus Running Company).
Find a buddy, or be a buddy.
- COTA Set to Vote on Cpass Program - February 20, 2018
- Kasich Calls for Gun Control - February 20, 2018
- EmpowerBus Getting Ready to Roll - February 19, 2018
- Parkland, FL, Petitions Congress for Funeral - February 19, 2018
- Spirit Airlines Starts Service - February 16, 2018
- Victims of Florida School Shooting - February 16, 2018
- Valentines for Our Most Vulnerable - February 15, 2018
- Arrangement Details for Westerville Officers - February 15, 2018
- 17 Lives Lost in Florida School - February 15, 2018
- Superintendent Finalists Named - February 14, 2018
Leave a Comment