Who Keeps You Motivated?
Some let that independence take over their exercise lives, too. I know I have. Between busy schedules, being committed, and a variety of other reasons, I’ve mostly trained for races on my own. Until recently. As I’ve matured as a runner (and in age) I’ve realized that every run can’t be some intense workout. Your different muscle groups need different pacing and intensity to develop and strengthen.
It’s difficult to do this on your own because it takes so much discipline. Everyone needs a workout buddy or buddies. My wife and I have become that for each other recently. She needs pushed beyond what her mind and body allows and I need to slow way down on my recovery runs. We end up having some great conversations when we run together too. You know, the kind of talks you want to have but never find time for because life just gets in the way.
If a healthy lifestyle is something you desire, my first suggestion is to find someone who’s not in the same place as you on their health journey. Find someone who can pull you up and challenge you, or challenge a friend who just needs to begin and you be their accountability and inspiration. If running is something you’re interested in, just about every specialty running shoe store in Columbus has running groups for all levels (Second Sole, FleetFeet & Columbus Running Company).
Find a buddy, or be a buddy.
- Program Teaches At-Risk Children Art - April 24, 2018
- Kasich Signs Order for Background Checks - April 24, 2018
- Local Teen Pitches Autism Pizza Cutout - April 23, 2018
- CDC Expands Romaine Recall - April 23, 2018
- Amazon Nearing HQ2 Site Decision - April 20, 2018
- Central Ohio YMCA Takes a Stand Against Child Abuse - April 20, 2018
- “One Night” Set for Friday - April 19, 2018
- Clean Payday Lending Bill Heads to House - April 19, 2018
- OSU Purchases Indianola Middle School - April 18, 2018
- IRS to Grant Extensions for Failed Website - April 18, 2018
Leave a Comment