Your Dream is All Yours
“What would you do if you had no payments?”
In each of the Financial Peace University classes I lead, I always ask that question.
The answers are varied and inspiring:
“I would help more people,” “I would give more,” “I would work less,” “I would take my kids to Disney.”
We have one lady who wants to go to Bora Bora. I don’t even know where Bora Bora is, but it sounds awesome – because that’s her dream.
Here’s the thing about dreams – they’re uniquely yours. You get to decide what your “Why” is.
But we let stuff get in the way of that because of the monthly payments we saddle ourselves with. Credit card payments, because we just HAD to have that “bigger, better, whatever;” Car payments, because instead of fixing the car we just paid off, we replace it with a whole new car; Enormous student loan payments because “no one can go to college without a student loan.”
So is there an answer?
Yes- Stop. Borrowing. Money.
Devise a plan to get rid of those monthly payments so that you can use that money for YOU, not for a finance company or a bank.
Is it hard work? Yes, it is. Can you do it? YES YOU CAN.
Do you need help? My wife and I did, and it not only changed our financial lives, it completely changed our relationship.
We found that help by taking a Financial Peace University class, and it’s why I volunteer to lead others through it.
So…what if YOU had no payments? That may sound like a complete impossibility…like a dream.
But remember-your dream, your “WHY” is uniquely yours, and when you find it and decide you’re going to reach it, maybe it’s not so impossible after all.
Let me know what your “WHY” is by connecting with me, I’d love to hear it!
- Your Dream is All Yours - March 6, 2017
- Teach Your Children Well - February 3, 2017
- Own It So You Can OWN It! - January 4, 2017
- Don’t Be the One Who Forgets! - October 20, 2016
- Free Money Isn’t Really Free - September 13, 2016
- Get a Raise Just by Reading This | Family Finance - August 22, 2016
- Kids and Phones…A Teachable Moment? | Family Finance - August 2, 2016
- Paying With Cash Hurts And That’s The Point | Family Finance - July 25, 2016
- Isn’t That Why I Have an Emergency Fund? - July 6, 2016
- Don’t Pay DOUBLE For Your Next Big Purchase | Family Finance - October 8, 2015
Leave a Comment